Concentrated Nannochloris micro algae paste sample. The 30 mL (1oz) size is equivalent to 12 individual 16 ounce bottles of natural, live micro algae (green water) at f/2 concentration which are commonly sold for $20-30 each.
- Grown in saltwater, concentrated with an Industry unique process then RODI washed. This living concentrated paste is safe and suitable for freshwater or saltwater aquarium exhibits.
- Phyto mixes are designed to feed a specific aquarium exhibit. Was it yours? No, but they want you to think so. Mix your own Phytoplankton, one species at a time! Don't want diatoms? Don't add them! Don't want to add fertilizer? Then don't add green water! Don't want to add preservatives? Don't!
- Smell the phytoplankton you are feeding. If your stomach turns why would you use it? Our product smells good, like a pond...a healthy one!.
- Used to establish zooplankton in fresh and salt water exhibits that are commonly overgrazed or non-existent. Also used to rear larva, artemia, rotifers daphnia etc. Use for all filter feeders.
- Feed your aquarium from the bottom up with living food. Processed foods are devoid of vitamins. This living food is packed with vitamins B and C, proteins, carotenoids and other good stuff!
- Nannochloris is non-motile, spherical and very small, 1.5-2.5 microns. The chloroplast is usually U-shaped in mature cells and the cells tend to float and stay in the water column. Popular food source for rotifers, oysters and clams, and larval shrimp.