Concentrated Dunaliella micro algae paste. The 30mL is equivalent to 96 ounces of living green water, that is to say, equivalent to 12 individual 16 ounce bottles of natural, live micro algae at f/2 concentration which are typically priced at $20-30.
- Grown in saltwater, concentrated with an Industry unique process then RODI washed. This living concentrated paste is safe and suitable for freshwater or saltwater aquarium exhibits.
- Phyto mixes are designed to feed a specific aquarium exhibit. Was it yours? No, but they want you to think so. Mix your own Phytoplankton, one species at a time! Don't want diatoms? Don't add them! Don't want to add fertilizer? Then don't add green water! Don't want to add preservatives? Don't!
- Smell the phytoplankton you are feeding. If your stomach turns why would you use it? Our product smells good, like a pond...a healthy one!.
- Used to establish zooplankton in fresh and salt water exhibits that are commonly overgrazed or non-existent. Also used to rear larva, artemia, rotifers daphnia etc. Use for all filter feeders.
- Feed your aquarium from the bottom up with living food. Processed foods are devoid of vitamins. This living food is packed with vitamins B and C, proteins, carotenoids and other good stuff!
- Dunaliella is motile, oblong 5-8 microns wide by 7-12 micron long. The chloroplast takes up about two-thirds of the cell. Under certain environmental conditions the cell may exhibit a red-eye spot. Does not have cellulose in the cell wall. Stores food reserves as lipids. Popular food source for rotifers, oysters and clams, and larval shrimp. Don't forget to check out our other living micro algae paste!