Concentrated Chlorella micro algae paste equivalent to 192 ounces of living green water, that is to say, equivalent to 12 individual 16 ounce bottles of natural, live micro algae at f/2 concentration which are priced at $20-30 each.
- Grown in saltwater, concentrated with an Industry unique process then RODI washed. This living concentrated paste is safe and suitable for saltwater aquarium exhibits. May cause algae blooms in freshwater if filter feeders / zooplankton are not present.
- Phyto mixes are designed to feed a specific aquarium exhibit. Was it yours? No, but they want you to think so. Mix your own Phytoplankton, one species at a time! Don't want diatoms? Don't add them! Don't want to add fertilizer? Then don't add green water! Don't want to add preservatives? Don't!
- Smell the phytoplankton you are feeding. If your stomach turns why would you use it? Our product smells good, like a pond...a healthy one!.
- Used to establish zooplankton in fresh and salt water exhibits that are commonly overgrazed or non-existent. Also used to rear larva, artemia, rotifers daphnia etc. Use for all filter feeders.
- Feed your aquarium from the bottom up with living food. Processed foods are devoid of vitamins. This living food is packed with vitamins B and C, proteins, carotenoids and other good stuff!
- Chlorella are spherical, 2-10 microns. Non-motile with a cup shaped chloroplast. Even though many species are grouped under Chlorella due to general morphology and reproduction, they are all very different. Reproduction occurs by mother cell producing spores and erupting. High in Starch. Popular food source for rotifers and daphnids. Not recommended for freshwater exhibits.
- Don't forget to check out our other living micro algae paste!